A SPOT OF ART
Maintaining Your Shoes & Luggage
- Shoes are an expensive investment, but with care they can last a lifetime.
- Always polish shoes after use. Polish nourishes the leather from cracking and drying out.
- Place wood shoe trees in the shoes after use, thus retaining the shape and removing moisture. Shoes should not be a tight fit, just a sufficient tension to hold on shoes without stretching at top of heel.
- Try not to wear the same pair of shoes on consecutive days. The life of your shoes can be greatly extended if they are rested between use.
- If you wear suede or nubuck shoes, brush them regularly.
- The careful application of a Scotchgard™ spray will repel most stains (but not grease and oil).
- Do not allow soles to become too thin as this may damage other parts of the shoes, such as the welts and uppers
- Always use a good shoe or boot horn; this will prevent irreparable damage to the back stiffening of the shoes.
- Do not dry damp shoes on direct heat
Jeeves at Your Service
Jeeves offers a fine shoe and leather repair service. Luggage--particularly briefcases—take a battering in today’s environment but we can renovate them for you. New lock, handles, corners, and linings can be fitted. Belts can be shortened and straps remade. Certain bags and shoes can be polished and shampooed.